All you need to know about Summer Camp at the Ranch!
- Clothing: Because we are a working farm, please make sure that EVERYONE that comes to the ranch is wearing CLOSED-TOE SHOES. Visitors may wear shorts only if they will not be working with the horses. You will not be allowed in the viewing area without the proper clothing.
- Restricted areas: Wild Ones Youth Ranch has designated restricted areas for the safety of your family, our staff, horses, and our campers. Please stay out of posted restricted areas AT ALL TIMES (unless otherwise directed by a staff member). In addition, please do not enter the obstacle course, front yard of the house, arenas, barn, stalls, pastures, or the covered picnic area (except during registration), and surrounding areas (horse trailer, fields, fire pit, etc.) Unrestricted areas include the loading dock and the front side of the arena fence, the driveway surrounding this area, the outdoor restrooms, and the parking areas. You are free to remain in these areas.
- Adult supervision: Please note that all non-participant children (siblings, friends, etc.) MUST BE DIRECTLY SUPERVISED BY A PARENT AT ALL TIMES while at the farm. SCREAMING, RUNNING, and ROUGHHOUSING is strictly forbidden, as well as approaching any horse without express direction of a qualified WOYR staff member.
- Photography: We ask that you please only take photos of your own child/relative (or friends) and that you ask permission before photographing the horses, staff, outbuildings, or equipment.
Check-in and registration: When you drop off your camper, you will first need to check in at the registration
table in the hospitality area (covered picnic shelter) where you will do the following:
- Pay any remaining balance you might have on camp fees (even if you are paid up, you still need to come to the table)
- Sign your child in on our registration sheet [Note: if someone other than a parent is dropping off your child, their names must be listed on your registration form]
- Drop off any medication, lunches (for day camp only) and/ or other special instructions you may have for your child
- We will have parent hosts and/or wranglers that will assist you at this time in answering questions. Our wranglers will then take your child and his or her personal items to get settled.
Check-out time: When you arrive to pick up your child you will be directed to the arena loading dock area,
where you will
- Sign out your child on our registration sheet (IMPORTANT!!) [Note: if someone other than a parent/guardian is picking up your child, their names must be listed on your registration form. We will not release your child to anyone other than yourself or an authorized representative whose name is on the form]
- Collect any medication or other items belonging to your camper
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: What if my child has had previous horse experience?
A: Although our camp is geared toward children with little or no horse experience, riders of all levels are welcome. At the beginning of camp, the instructors will determine the riding ability of each camper and will tailor their activities with this in mind as much as possible (with the staff and horse resources available).
Q: Is food provided for my camper?
A: This year we will not be providing meals for day camps so campers should bring their own sack lunch with food, beverages, and utensils. We will be serving small snacks during the day to those with no allergies or special dietary restrictions. Please make sure you indicate any food allergies on your registration forms. If your child needs special snacks due to dietary restrictions or allergies, we ask that you please bring these special items along with their lunches so that they have a snack during the day.
Q: What time should I drop off my child?
A: Registration and check-in times are as follows:
- Buckaroos Plus Camp, 9:00 am
- Day Camp, 8:30 am
- JUMP Camp, 4:00 pm
- Mini Camp, TBA
Please do not arrive later (or earlier) than these times unless you have made previous arrangements.
Activities will start as soon as registration is completed.
If your child has a tent, please stay and assist with set-up. (JUMP camp only)
Q. When should I pick up my child?
A. At the end of camp, there will be no formal horse show, but parents are welcome to arrive during the last few minutes to observe final activities. Please see times below. You will meet us at the loading dock next to the arena where we will have the sign out sheet (and any medications that need to be returned) waiting for you. Please sign out your child, and then feel free to take your child home as soon as they are released to you.
Check-out times are as follows:
- Buckaroos Plus camp: Parents remain with all Buckaroos Plus campers so will not need to worry about a pick-up time. The session should be over by 11:30 am. Please sign your child out before you leave.
- Day camp: Please try to arrive between 4:45 and 5:00 pm
- JUMP camp: TBA
- Mini camp (Junior JUMPers): TBA
Please do not arrive any earlier (or later) thank this time unless you have made arrangements beforehand.
Q. Do I have to pay for camp when I send in my registration form?
A. You must pay a $20 (per day) or $60 (per week) deposit for day camps in order to hold your child’s place at camp. This deposit is deducted from your camp tuition and is NON-REFUNDABLE. You can pay for the balance of tuition when you bring your child to camp but you MUST send in the registration form and deposit ahead of time so that we can process paperwork. If you do not submit your deposit with your registration form,
you will be given a reminder to do so. If you still have not sent the deposit after 14 days, your name will be taken off the reservation list and you will have to reapply. (If finances are an issue, please contact us to find out about availability of scholarships.) Buckaroos and Buckaroos Plus campers can pay the $15 fee at registration on the day of camp and turn in registration forms that day as well.
Q. Can I pay with a credit card?
A. At this time we cannot accept credit card payments. Please pay with cash or checks made payable to Wild Ones Youth Ranch. There is a $25 fee for all returned checks. You may also use the DONATE button to submit your payment through PayPal. The DONATE button is located at the bottom of each page on our website. Please indicate your child’s name and session dates on the payment request if you choose this option.