Please read the following information carefully before registering your child for Group Lessons.
- SESSIONS: Wild Ones Youth Ranch offers hourly group lessons for kids ages 8 and up for $32 per 4-week session. These age limits are merely a guideline and the director reserves the right to place a child in a different group in order to meet his or her needs in the most beneficial way. The director may also form additional groups that do not conform to the general age guidelines and/or that are filled by direct invitation at her discretion. These groups must also adhere to the rules and regulations of all standard lessons groups, as set forth below.
- REGISTRATION: Group lessons are divided up into two 4 or 5 week sessions. Registration is conducted in the same manner as that of Dollar Days, except that it happens at the beginning of each session rather than monthly. Please click here for general registration guidelines. Reservations will not be made prior to the registration announcement. If you are unable to get into a particular session, you will be placed on a waiting list and contacted if there are cancellations when the next registration session opens.
- You are responsible to keep track of all of your own scheduled sessions. Reminders will generally not be sent out.
- Due to the popularity of our program and limited session availability, we must strictly adhere to our attendance policy. For this reason, one failure to notify us of an absence (via the absence form noted below) will result in the loss of your spot in the current lesson session. In the event of this circumstance, you will be placed on a 2-month waiting list before being allowed to participate in the program again. Exceptions might apply in the case of medical or family emergencies.
- To report an absence you must use the ABSENCE report form . This allows us to have a written record of your communication with us. You will be sent a copy of this correspondence for your records.
- Please make every effort to arrive on time. Missed time at the beginning of the lesson cannot be made up at the end. All lessons will end promptly at the stated finish time and all parents should be prepared to pick up their child at this set time.
- No refunds will made for missed sessions
- CANCELLATIONS: We reserve the right to cancel sessions due to inclement weather or other unforeseen circumstances. Unless there is extreme weather (thunderstorms, flooding, snow/hail, high wind, extreme mud), the lessons will continue as scheduled. Please click here to check our weather page before each session to see if your event is running on time or canceled due to inclement weather. In general we will not send out notices of cancellation as it will be posted as soon as possible on our weather cancellations page. If you are unsure about whether or not there is a cancellation, please CHECK THE WEB PAGE first, then contact us if you have any questions.
- PROGRAM ACTIVITIES: Group lessons participants are offered one hour of horse or farm experience per lesson. This often, but not always, involves riding, but does always involve hands-on horse experience. Lesson format may be altered due to weather or other extenuating circumstances.
- REQUIRED CLOTHING: For safety reasons all riders and accompanying adults must wear LONG PANTS and CLOSED TOE SHOES (preferably low heeled boots or tennis shoes) on the premises. Anyone not wearing the appropriate clothing and shoes will not be permitted to be around the horses. Please let us know if this is an issue and we will try to make accommodations (we do have some extra boots on site). We have a limited amount of riding helmets available, so riders should bring their own bicycle or riding helmet if possible.
- WAIVER FORMS: Participants and accompanying adults must fill out a new waiver form EACH SEASON (previously it was one new waiver per year). Click here to download our current waiver form. One form per participant/accompanying adult please (no doubling up).
Please note: We no longer book groups (organizations) into our Dollar Days sessions. If you have a group that would like to book a one-time riding event, please see our Group Openings page.